Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Chapter 2: Week 1, Food Prep, Equipment, Workout Programs?

So yesterday, I decided that I would hop back on the workout wagon today (Sunday, Nov.9). When I went out, I bought 5lb weights :D (was so heavy carrying around the mall). I moved my Yoga mat in view and took my worse enemy, "The Scale" out from the storage room and put it in my mom room (the washroom has carpet so cant really put it there).

Women Size 8(left), 10 (center), 12 (right)
I weighed myself and I have ALOT to lose! My Goal Weight is 180lbs. I'm going to go more by the size of my pants most of the time since it is easier to determine how I want to look compared to the scale. Seeing as I'm +230 and still the same size as 2 years ago when I lost weight, hopefully I will be a much smaller size at 180lbs.
My goal pant size is 8-10. I think that's a good size for my body type and curves. I wouldn't want to go any lower than 6, so my range is 6-10 pant size atm. In the image on the left, I wouldn't mind to be a 10 or even a 12 :D. So currently I'm a size 16-18 in pants, and XL in the top area (thanks to my chest). So my goal is to be a size 8-10, and a M-L in chest/top area (lose about 2-4 pant sizes)

My current measurements are:
                                                    Bust: 44                    Thighs: 34.5 (L), 34(R)
                                                    Waist: 38                  Arms: 15.5 (L), 15.5 (R)
                                                    Hips: 56                    Calves: 21.5 (L), 21 (R)

My Calorie intake range with my activity at "lightly active" (may increase it to moderate now that I will be working out) will be between 1750-1950. I'm going to try and eat every 2-3 hours, and eat 3-4 main meals daily. Also IF I do go out with friends, I'll make healthier choices such as salads, noodles, etc compared to my normal chicken wings, junk food decisions. Also will cut down on the bubble tea.

I have 5 MONTH to lose 20-30lbs. Thats my first goal. I want to reach my 60lbs weight loss by my birthday in September (also going on vacation probably in August). So that give me at least 9-10 months. 

Workout Plan?
I have done many workout plans, however ever since finishing insanity, I haven't been able to finish a WHOLE program. So this time around, instead of losing motivation, I'm going to mix the workouts. 

Focus T25: 
This is going to be one of my PRIMARY workout. I personally like T25 cause its 25 minutes, there is a modifier (Tania) and you will get results regardless of going hardcore or doing modification. Even with modification, I will be dripping in sweat!!! So, I will stick with this and hopefully finish ALL of Alpha round before Beta. 

Jillian Michael's Workouts:
Now this workout program is a first for me. I will try to do this in conjunction of T25, or on alternating days of T25 (will make a schedule of my workout plan). My friend just started and has already lost an inch off her waist. It looks pretty cool and various workouts (also has a modifier) so I will attempt it :D

I'm thinking whether to purchase a copy with my Polar watch (on amazon, if I buy my polar watch which is $100, I get one of these DVD for 6 bucks or something. Also Free shipping). Still debating since I don't know much about this program. Ive heard good results from fitness pal so I'll look at the demo videos on Youtube and see if its worth the purchase.

Chalene Extreme: 
I have done this workout program before. I never really got to put my full 100% into this workout. I had a pair of weights but they were 10lbs with a metal bar and was indeed WAY to heavy for me. I really struggled doing the workouts, though I could feel the burn. Now that I've bought my 5lbs dumb bells, I actually have a good chance to do this workout in conjunction with the above. The normal schedule is usually 3 days a week so it can be implemented.

Zumba: 
I will be joining Goodlife Fitness next month (have to pay for my membership this month if I want to start next month) and they have Zumba classes!!! Ive done Zumba once (before my CRNE exam with my friend) and it was SO much fun. Talk about sweat!!! One hour and your drenched! Its also fun depending on the instructor and with music thats really in and popular. I wanna see what Goodlife classes has to offer and since its included in my membership, why not?

I don't need much equipment besides from my weights and yoga mat. Which makes it a lot easier compared to programs like P90x where you need ALOT more items which indeed cost money.

Overall, that's my general plan. I still need to work on a solid schedule to follow and my overall diet plan. I did do some Food Prep today, took about 2 hours, before eating dinner and taking a nap before my night shift, so I have enough food for about a week or 2, probably have to make more vegetables though since I want to eat more greens. Costco made my shopping a lot easier and cheaper as well. I will be writing what I eat instead of using fitness pal, and weigh myself every 2 weeks-1 month (probably more along the 1 month). My concern is measurements and inches! Thats going to get me to my goal size, not really the weight on the scale.


Starting My Workouts: Monday, November 10, 2014

Till Next Time...
Yumoyori <3~

No comments:

Post a Comment