Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Chapter 3: 2lbs LOST, Focus T25 Alpha, Shaun T Crazy

Today marks Week 2, Day 4 of Focus T25 (W2D4) and I've lost 2lbs so far!

2lbs isn't ALOT, I have to admit (could honestly just be water weight), but I think its good progress. Im not to focused on my weight atm because it wont be AS accurate as it could be for many reasons.

I do night shifts 4-5 times per week, so its almost impossible for me to weight myself the same time since the days I have night shift, I have to switch my whole schedule opposite (day time=sleeping, night time= food, workout etc). I clearly understand that this CAN hinder my weight loss just a bit since I'm confusing my body, especially on my days off when I go back to my Day-Food/workout and Nights- Sleeping pattern. Regardless,  I wont let it hinder me at this point. As stated, Im not AS concerned with my weight, my focus is on how my measurements or the feel of my clothes so I'll weight myself in December 1st since I start the gym that day.

I got myself the Polar FT4 Heart Monitor Watch (well do a review later)I realized I haven't been pushing myself to the best of my body capabilities. In my double workout when I got my watch, I did an about an hour workout and ONLY burned about 180/workout. Doing a double workout, and adding squats/dumb bell lifts with 5lb weights, I burned 405 calories. This is pretty low for me. When I use to do Insanity, where I lost 33lbs, I would burn about 500-650 within 1 hour of workouts. With Cardio portion of T25, many individuals usually reach 200+ but for me to only reach 180, was kinda disappointed.

So, I analyzed what I was currently doing. With T25 there is the main workout moves and there is a modified version. Jumps are still pretty hard for me due to my weight and such (which honestly sometimes I use that as an excuse) so I usually do the modified moves for all these workouts for the first week of T25. However, regardless of doing modified you can still be sweating buckets which only proves that the real thing will get your body burning!

Today, was Cardio and I had just woken up from my 12+ hour sleep =3= (I have a night shift so...). When I pressed play, I decided, lets push myself today. Instead of just the modified moves, I alternated between the two. I would start with the normal move OR modification, after 15 seconds, switch (if I did the normal move, I would switch to modification IF I cant continue). So some jumps include the basic jumping jacks/rope, squat jumps, high knees, lung progression etc. By 15 minutes in, I was already sweating and feeling it in my legs. However, I continued forward and by the time I was done BAM 200 calories! After the 3 minute cool down, 100 squats and 20 dumb bell raises with 5lbs I was at 265 calories burned! Much better improvement than before.

Now that my "experiment" has been successful (I survived the workout), I'm gonna push myself harder for the remaining 3 weeks of Alpha. I want results! Thats my primary goal. I'm in a Focus T25 Facebook group where many people post their results etc, and T25 CAN get me to where I wanna be. Alpha round is literally just a stepping stone to the REAL thing.

I reviewed Beta, just a little peak to the workouts I'm going to be doing the middle of next month and WOW. Talk about crazy/intense. Thankfully,  there is also a modification version as well. So once Alpha is over with, I'll be performing Beta twice (1st round modification/2nd round hard core). By than, with the addition of my gym workouts with my best friend/zumba classes, I'll determine IF I will redo both Alpha and Beta again OR progress to Gamma (CRAZY INTENSE ROUND! Zero modification). I personally love Shaun T workouts, especially this one since its all centred on getting you results within a good time limit that ANYONE can incorporate in their schedule.  Im pretty busy person myself but 25 minutes....I can do that.

That's what has been going on with me! I'll update on Dec.1st or 2nd after my first gym workout at Goodlife Fitness with my best friend and any changes in my weight/measurements. Still been eating as healthy as I can (I need to go shopping, ran out of salad) with the occasional hangouts. Trying to choose healthier options when I go out with friends, so well see how this week goes (have 3 hangouts -__-).

Till Next Time...
Yumoyori <3~

No comments:

Post a Comment